This was created at the same time as my Curried Carrot Bites, when I happened to have plenty of carrots in the fridge. Lots of carrots, coconut and oats are used in these cookies so they couldn’t be healthier. Like my No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cookies, these are very easy to make. And the fact you can keep them in the freezer for ages makes me so happy. Make sure that the cookies are defrosted well (leave them at room temperature for 20 minutes or so) before you eat them. You will definitely taste the flavour more. So it’s worth being patient!
Ingredients (makes 25 tablespoon size cookies):
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1+3/4 cup porridge oats
1 cup carrot, grated (use the finest side of a box grater)
1/2+1/8 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
3/4 cup hot water
1. Put the pumpkin seeds in a food processor and half grind the seeds. They’re not completely powdered but lost their shape.
2. Put the pumpkin seeds with oats, carrots, desiccated coconut and salt.
3. In a sauce pan, put coconut oil, coconut butter, maple syrup and heat up on a low heat until they melt together.
4. Add the melted mixture from 3, hot water into the bowl and mix everything together very well.
5. Scoop some of the mixture using a tablespoon, and onto a tray.